Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore Theory – Program Description
Highly recommended for those wishing to extend their skills beyond the Day Skipper (Sail) level
- Designed to prepare for Coastal Skipper Practical or, if already prepared, a Yachtmaster assessment
- Course contents is appropriate for sail or power skippers
Advanced training for more experienced skippers building on the Day Skipper (Sail) Practical course and the Essential Navigation & Seamanship Theory course
- Course will include all tidal elements not covered in the Essential Navigation & Seamanship Course which was designed for Med-level sailors
Equips you to navigate safely on coastal and offshore passages.
Course will take your theory knowledge to the standard required for the Yachtmaster™ Coastal and Yachtmaster™ Offshore practical exams
Concentrates on advanced navigation and meteorology skills
Taught in English over 40 hours with three exam papers
Ideal class size is 6-8 students
- Each student will receive a course pack which includes a chart, plotter, dividers, course handbook, exercises and an electronic chart plotter CD.
- As with the Day Skipper shorebased course, the RYA’s specially designed chart plotter software will be used during the course to give a realistic taste of modern electronic navigation
- Also available online